Soucy International Inc., Defense Division, has been awarded the $7.5M contract to manufacture and deliver Composite Rubber Track (CRT) systems for the Norwegian Defence Materiel Agency’s (NDMA) Armoured Combat Support Vehicle (ACSV).
In May 2018, as part of the Norwegian Armed Forces logistic and support vehicle recapitalization program, Flensburger Fahrzeugbau Gesellschaft (FFG) won the tender to manufacture and supply ACSV’s to the Norwegian Army. FFG proposed to base the ACSV around their current PMMC G5 vehicle.
The ACSV is a 26-tonne tracked platform with the capacity to transport freight goods containers weighing up to 6 tonnes. It has container mounts to accommodate both 6.5- and 10-feet freight containers and in conjunction with the increased durability and low maintenance attributes of CRT can enhance the militaries battlefield logistical reach. The reduced vibrations enabled by the integration of CRTalso aids in the protection of sensors and electronics located on other military equipment such as radars which may also be mounted the ACSV’s stable framed platform. Due to the ACSVs open and closed hull configurations, it can be adapted in the closed configurationto house a command centre or ambulance. (Casualty evacuation) The ACSV can be adapted to a wide range of operations including domestic disaster relief and international peace support missions.
About CRT Tracks
• Increased durability over conventional steel tracks.
• Reduced vibration (up to 70%), noise (up to 13dB), thermal signature, braking distance, vehicle weight (up to 50%) and fuel consumption (up to 30%).
• Reduced vehicle crew fatigue.
• Significant reduction in life cycle costs and virtually maintenance free.
• Elimination of damage to infrastructure.